Monday, April 27, 2009

Sweet Spring Showers

Well, it’s been a busy day and I should have gone home an hour ago, but I wanted to post this Monday then it’s all done for the week, plus not a whole lot happened. School has been busy, now that it’s in full swing. I ended up not going to bed before 1 in the morning once the whole week as well, as I’ve been rather absorbed by a really good game I’m playing at the moment. Everyday after school it seems like I’m eating out at a new restaurant or something. (pictured: view from Yayoi School)

Monday night at a sports bar for burgers with Neal, Tuesday night was Sushi with Richard, Wednesday was Neal’s b-day party at a Nepalese restaurant, Thursday’s fast food before driving to the next town for my Japanese lesson, Friday for yakiniku (fried meat on sticks not unlike shish kabob) and Saturday night again with Rich for curry pork cutlets. I’m sure I forgot one more in there too.

Sunday was a bit interesting, in that we went out for pizza for Neal’s, Michelle’s and Craig’s birthday, and it took almost all afternoon. It was all worth it of course, I loved the drive and the food was amazing. Probably the best pizza I’ve had in Japan, we’ve eaten there before.

That’s all well and all, but really the best thing that’s going on is the fact that it’s spring. The sights and sounds are something else. Everything is coming to life, the rice fields are being planted, I can walk outside without a coat on and the sun doesn’t set before 6 anymore. Well, you don’t need me to tell you how awesome spring is. (pictured: view from Tatsuno School)

And maybe best of all: the spring showers. It poured ALL day Saturday. It was so incredible. It was such a perfect day of sitting inside and relaxing, listening to the rain on the roof and seeing it gush off the church in my backyard. It was still pouring Sunday morning. Maybe I should move to London, I hear it rains like 5 of 7 days a week or something. Anyways, I tried opening my windows too, to breathe in the fresh air, but it unfortunately got pretty cold when I did that, so I had to watch it from closed windows. No love lost; it will warm up more soon enough. (pictured: view from my front steps. Narrow road eh?)

So of course I’ve been snapping pictures and pausing every now and then when a sight of beauty strikes me, which seems to be all the time when I’m outside. I love being in the mountains so much that I can never describe it to you. Enjoy the pictures; I’m enjoying the life.

"Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or to lose." -Lyndon B. Johnson

tnoy

No comments: