Monday, June 21, 2010

Picking up the Pieces

It's hard to believe how difficult this past week has been. I had literally put everything out of the way to spend time with Ann, and her departure left a big hole. Of course there is lots to do and get done, and in retrospect I've done alot, there are still many errands to complete. I've cleaned up my house quite well despite it having turned into a bachelor pad again, and even started giving stuff away.

Neal, Richard and Ike were over Friday night for some burgers, fries and salad. Ike the master chef made many wonderful things that we enjoyed while watching a movie. Neal came over early and we had a good chat, one of the topics being the recent trouble Ann has had trying to get a tourist Visa to visit Canada. I don't want to get into particulars, but let's just say we're all baffled she came to Japan with less trouble than it is to try and visit Canada.

The rest of the weekend was spent at home. I want to write down things I got done, but that's an even shorter list. I ordered some pizza, watched some movies like Toy Story and Finding Nemo, and even watched some youtube videos of video games I've always wanted to play but never will have time. Games like Dwarf Fortress and X-Com. Atleast I have a feel for the gameplay and story now, and saved myself potential weeks from playing it myself. A small victory perhaps.

It really does feel like I'm picking up pieces from a calamity. Alas it's not the end of the world, and if we can't meet up again in Canada, maybe I can get a job in another country that will allow her to visit me again; but those are thoughts for another time. Today I talked with my supervisor about canceling bills and other things I need to finalize before going home; many of those things require 1 month notice to their respective companies.

Life goes on right? There is much to do.

"Everything is always ok in the end; if it's not then it's not the end." -Author Unknown


tnoy

No comments: